Senior Exploration Geologist
Senior resource geologist to be responsible for all aspects of managing the work program for our underground gold project in Gunnison, Colorado.
The successful candidate will be part of an agile team in an extremely dynamic and changing project environment. As such, priorities will need to shift from time to time to account for these project advancements. The candidate will need to be able to adapt to these changes as they arise and provide quick adjustments to plans and workflows as needed.
The responsibilities will include,
- Designing a drill program in order to define resources and reserves.
- Managing the drill crews
- Logging and sampling the core.
- Managing and conducting data entry and validation in the database
- Communication with on-site and remote staff, laboratories, sub-contractors, and vendors as needed to facilitate rapid and comprehensive results as the project progresses.
- Geologic and Structural Mapping, including veins, faces and work areas.
- Maintaining strict QAQC procedures and chain of custody protocols, including relevant documentation when necessary
- Provide 3D modelling of works completed using leapfrog software.
Preferred credentials for ideal candidates include:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in mineral exploration, including experience managing drill programs;
- Experience with 3D Modeling Software, particularly Leapfrog Geo or Vulcan;
- XRF scanner data collection and interpretation;
- Experience in underground mining operations;
You will have the assistance of two junior geologists and the remote assistance of a senior resource geologist, a QAQC geologist and our Chief geologist. A company vehicle, accommodation and health insurance are available to the successful candidate.
Apply for Senior Exploration Geologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly