Condition Monitoring Technician Marandoo (FIFO)
- Work amongst a high performing maintenance team
- Fantastic opportunity to progress your career further
- FIFO roster 8:6 (days only)
About the role
We are looking for a Condition Monitoring Technician to join our Marandoo Fixed Plant - Engineering Team to enable condition-based strategies in order to improve equipment reliability and improve overall equipment effectiveness. This role is a great opportunity to be part of a high performing team environment and develop your career further.
Working a FIFO roster - 8 days on, 6 off, and reporting to the Senior Maintenance Engineer, the role will require you to:
- Be accountable for the health of fixed plant equipment using oil analysis and vibration
- Carry out scheduled machinery vibration data collection and performing analysis to evaluate equipment running condition and recommend corrective measures
- Complete any non-routine inspection requests as required
- Carry out ultra-sonic testing and thickness testing as required
- Provide Condition Monitoring Services for Acceptance Criteria of newly installed equipment
- Liaise with reliability engineers, maintenance and production teams to link condition monitoring findings and other maintenance strategies
- Coach and Mentor Lubrication Technicians to ensure high standards in plant lubrication are maintained
- Inspect dismantled parts and correlate analysis results to as-found equipment conditions
- Utilise other techniques like phase analysis, impact tests and ODS to resolve complicated vibration issues
- Ensure that all operating and maintenance activities are designed, planned and completed in accordance with Rio Tinto's safety systems and comply with State and Federal regulations
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Mechanical Trade qualification and/or reliability engineering background
- Australian "C" Class manual drivers licence
- Level 1 & 2 Certification in Vibration Analysis
- Practical experience in root cause analysis and machine failure investigation
- A working knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems such as SAP
- A readiness for a proactive and flexible approach to fluctuating workloads
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Working experience with CSI MHM, RBM View Databases and CSI 2130/ 2140 vibration analyser
- Thermography Level 1 and Ultrasonic Level 1
- Certifications and experience in thermography, balancing of rotating machinery and ultrasonic testing
Where you will be working
Marandoo iron ore mine is situated 35km east of Tom Price in the province of Pilbara, in Western Australia. In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The iron ore business continues to be the world's largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
What's on offer?
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We've developed some of the world's largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You'll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process.
Applications for this role will close on 14/05/2021, however we do reserve the right to close the role earlier.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly In and Fly Out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
All progress begins with pioneers at Rio Tinto it begins with you.