Greenstone Gold Mines L.P. is a 60/40 joint venture partnership between Equinox Gold and Orion Mine Finance Group formed for the purpose of the joint ownership and development of the Greenstone Gold Property including the Greenstone Mine located on a historical mine site in the Geraldton-Beardmore Greenstone belt in Ontario. The Greenstone Mine is managed directly by a dynamic and experienced Owner’s team, with an estimated $1.3 Billion investment over the four-year engineering, procurement and construction phase, with an estimated 15-year operating life.
Reporting to the the Project Controls Manager, the Lead Planner/Scheduler will be responsible for the planning function for the Greenstone Project, including planning and scheduling for engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning, progress reporting and for ensuring the contractors adhere to the scheduling and planning requirements for the Project
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Oversee the planning function and implement planning and progressing procedures for the Project.
- Refine and maintain multi-discipline baseline schedule, ensuring coding structures, task sequencing, task relationships, and task durations for permitting, engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning activities.
- Assist in facilitating planning sessions with project team and contractor personnel as required.
- Update and maintain the project schedule; identify and record delays and gaps in comparison to the project baseline.
- Monitor and forecast on a regular basis and analyze critical path and the work sequence.
- Develop resource loading profiles to ensure that the project is adequately resourced.
- Trend and reforecast plans based on actual progress, productivity, and resources.
- Track progress and update project schedule, and timely reporting of work progress, earned value and performance.
- Propose schedule recovery alternatives, preform what-if scenarios and advanced schedule analysis.
- Develop detailed subcontractor schedules, as required.
- Interface with construction and subcontractors to discuss causes of schedule delays and propose corrective actions.
- Ensure all project scope changes are captured and reflected in the project schedule.
- Develop reports and provide recommendations, forecasts, analysis and corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Assist the Project Controls Manager with the development and monitoring of project metrics to help assess the performance of a project with respect to progress, schedule compliance and efficiency.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to read and understand multi-discipline construction drawings, specifications and tender documents
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of Primavera software
- Strong computer skills including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to drive for results through planning, alignment and execution
- Ability to build working relationships through respect & integrity, open communication, teamwork, negotiation, and influence
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- Engineering degree or Engineering Technician diploma preferred, or appropriate combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a project planning role in an industrial setting, gold mining project experience is an asset.
This temporary position will initially be based in Oakville for approximately 6 – 9 months then to the project site in Greenstone, ON on a rotation basis for the duration of the project.
HOW TO APPLY
To submit your resume, please click the Apply button below by May 18, 2021
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Greenstone Gold Mines is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.