Project Controls Manager
Greenstone Gold Mines L.P. is a 60/40 joint venture partnership between Equinox Gold and Orion Mine Finance Group formed for the purpose of the joint ownership and development of the Greenstone Gold Property including the Greenstone Mine located on a historical mine site in the Geraldton-Beardmore Greenstone belt in Ontario. The Greenstone Mine is managed directly by a dynamic and experienced Owner’s team, with an estimated $1.3 Billion investment over the four-year engineering, procurement and construction phase, with an estimated 15-year operating life.
Project Controls Manager
The Project Controls Manager will be responsible for implementing and managing all of aspects of project controls, including planning, estimating, cost control, change management, progress measurement, document control and reporting for the Greenstone Project.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Refine and implement project controls systems and procedures for the Construction phase.
- Establish baseline budgets, schedules and key performance indicators.
- Ensure early identification and notification of deviations and variances to project baseline schedule and spend. Monitor and manage scope growth.
- Provide Project Team members with information and reports that supports assessment of performance and helps facilitate decision making.
- Oversee estimating, cost management and forecasting processes, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Ensure the Delegation of Financial Authority is properly implemented and communicated.
- Coordinate change management process and procedures, ensuring proper justification, assessing cost and schedule impacts.
- Implement earned value reporting and ensure that project planning and progress reporting processes are effective.
- Support the procurement/contracts group on price sheets, budget analysis, and ensure that appropriate contractor cost and schedule reporting requirements are incorporated into the RFPs and contracts.
- Support contractors and vendors in the implementation of project controls procedures required by the project.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of project document control systems and procedures.
- Support the overall Enterprise Risk Management program through risk identification and action follow up.
- Compile and contribute to weekly and monthly Project reports (written and powerpoints) for internal and external use.
- Coordinate with finance and accounting on interfaces between the project controls and finance, including information required for cash planning and cash calls.
- Support reporting requirements for Project financing.
- Project training to Project team members as required.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Motivated team leader, able to work with and lead team members to meet deliverables and deadlines
- Strong knowledge of planning, cost control, progressing, document control and project reporting
- Strong analytical, interpretive, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, Primavera P6, and Cost Control tools
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- Relevant technical diploma or university degree with a minimum of 10 years Project Controls experience or appropriate combination of education and experience in mega capital projects
- PMP designation and experience in mining projects is considered an asset
- Knowledge of cost control systems and planning tools (P6)
This temporary position will initially be based in Oakville for approximately 6 – 9 months then to the project site in Greenstone, ON on a rotation basis for the duration of the project.
HOW TO APPLY
To submit your resume, please click the Apply button below by May 18, 2021
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Greenstone Gold Mines is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.