Controls Systems Specialist
Job Category: Trades
Location: Northern Saskatchewan Operations
Address: Saskatchewan, Canada
Work Contract: Regular Full-Time
At Cameco, we are committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of the communities we operate in. We promote employment equity and encourage candidates to voluntarily disclose during the application process if they are a member of a designated group (i.e. women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities). In addition, Cameco is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and working environment. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise the representative of any accommodation measures that would be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Position and Responsibilities
As a member of the process controls team, you will develop, maintain and optimize process control systems and strategies. Responsibilities include industrial control systems programming, networking and server administration. You will work with multi-disciplinary teams to improve operational controls and production predictability.
At Cameco we understand the value of a diverse workforce and we embrace, encourage and support workplace inclusion and diversity. New ideas, perspectives, experiences and expertise make Cameco stronger. Our vision is to create a culture where inclusion is the goal, and a diverse and representative workforce is our measure of success.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Diploma in related field (Instrumentation Technology, Computer Systems Engineering, PLC/DCS programming or process control)
- Five to eight years of progressive experience in the field of industrial control maintenance including PLC/HMI programming and DCS Historian management
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Site experience with industrial instrumentation and industrial data protocols including Modbus, OPC, HART, Ethernet/IP, BACnet, Profibus
- Experience with Industrial Networking, including configuration of switches and hardware to support communication between industrial communication protocols.
- Experience in Windows server administration including creating\maintaining Virtual Machines in Hyper-V
- Active Directory administration (creation/maintenance of users and group policies)
- Knowledge of industrial cybersecurity and industrial networking, including creating and managing VLANs, configuration and management of switches and firewalls, and best practice network design.
- Knowledge and experience with scripting languages used in industrial systems including VBScript and Python
- Knowledge of OSIsoft PI integration into industrial systems
- Experience maintaining industrial systems that include advanced process control.
Preference will be given to qualified internal applicants and Residents of Saskatchewan’s North.
Req ID #: 34485
Posted: May 4, 2021
Posting end date: May 25, 2021
Cameco’s Northern Saskatchewan operations operate on a rotational schedule. Employees commute to the site by aircraft from designated locations in Saskatchewan.
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all positions that will involve work at Safety-Sensitive Sites or in Safety-Sensitive Positions must take and pass a Substance Test, which includes marijuana, as a condition of employment. Marijuana remains in a user’s system for about 30 days, so applicants who recently used marijuana recreationally should not expect to pass a substance test.