Senior Mine Engineer
Golden Vertex is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northern Vertex Mining Corp. (TSX.V: NEE I OTC-Nasdaq Intl.: NHVCF) The company is comprised of an experienced management team with a strong background in all aspects of acquisition, exploration, development, operations and financing of mining projects worldwide. Golden Vertex is focused on working effectively and respectively with our stake holders near the historical Moss Mine and enhancing the capacity of the local communities in the Bullhead City area.
About the role
Working in an open cut hard rock mining production environment, this positions requires a safety minded individual with strong drive and enthusiasm to advance our organization forward by establishing safe, environmentally responsible, technically sound, and economically feasible plans for the development and operation of the ore body and mine.
You will have a hard rock mining background with open cut gold mining projects coupled with mining engineering qualifications. Your focus on safety and continual learning will enable you to grow with this mining operation and deliver against the business objectives. Ideally you will have 5+ years working as a mining engineer in open cut environments. Exposure to drill and blast would also be advantageous and working knowledge of HxGN MinePlan.
Key duties and accountabilities:
- Assists management in the development of Long-range mine schedules, including budgetary, 5-year, and/or LOM schedules.
- Develops Mid-range 90–180-day plans with team to ensure achievement of Long-range schedule.
- Monitors mine development and operation progress. Identifies deviations, explains variances, and recommends corrective action.
- Oversees implementation of the medium and long-term mine plans.
- Assists with the management of the geological and geotechnical engineering functions.
- Scoping of future pit developments and infrastructure planning through trade-off studies.
- Participation in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Monitors, contributes to and reports on regulatory compliance of mining activities.
- Assists in generating monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on Mine’s performance.
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, and much more!
- Work in Arizona's largest silver and gold producing mine.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Golden Vertex Corp is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.