Capstone Mining Corp

Technician Survey

Miami, AZ, United States
May 07, 2021
Jun 05, 2021
Work Term
Work Load
Full Time
We offer Competitive Pay, Great Benefits, and Opportunities for Growth.

Pinto Valley Mining Corporation (PVMC), a subsidiary of Capstone Mining, is a global leader in metal mining and processing, focused on Copper and Molybdenum production.

As a member of the PVMC team, you will have the opportunity to work for a company that places its highest priorities on supporting its people and the communities where they live, protecting the environment, and providing safe and secure working conditions.

Located just outside the Phoenix metro area, at PVMC you will enjoy working in a collaborative and diverse team environment with training, development, and career growth opportunities. We live by our values; Work Responsibly, Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, and Deliver Results.

About the Role

As a Survey Technician, you be responsible for conducting surveys at mine sites and obtaining data used in planning mining operations.

Who We are Looking For

Are you a highly motivated individual with a commitment to the safety and well-being of your fellow employees? Do you consistently look for ways to improve yourself and others? Are you committed to living the Capstone Values? If so, then you are the kind of person that we are looking for.

Key Competencies / Skills
  • Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Surveying, preferably open pit
  • At least 1 year as an expert or professional in surveying
  • Ability to communicate effectively with Engineering.
  • Intermediate to above average computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
  • Valid Driver's License
  • Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English

  • I-Site and Trimble Business Center experience
  • Knowledge of theories and practices in open pit mining surveying and substantial knowledge of related surveying practices
  • Detailed knowledge of surveying tools and technologies used in open pit mining

  • 80% of the Surveyor Technician’s time will be spent in the field while the remaining 20% will be spent in data collection, map generation, and analysis

Physical Demands of the Role

• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, including walking up and down stairs and across uneven surfaces.

• Ability to climb ladders and work at heights.

• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.

• Ability to work in both hot and cold environments with high humidity.

• Ability to kneel, crawl, stoop, and squat, occasionally in confined spaces.

Comprehensive Benefits Package

• Health, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance (effective on date of hire)

• 401(k) Savings and Employee Share Purchase Plans

• Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Tuition Reimbursement.

Equal Employment Opportunity Policy

Pinto Valley Mining Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.

Similar jobs

Similar jobs