Senior Field Crew Chief
Basic Job Description:
The Senior Field Crew Chief role is to lead and oversee multiple field crews safely and proficiently. Field crews will be performing soil sampling, claim staking, and other exploration mining field work. The role is responsible for the logistics and allocation of personnel and resources across various crews and projects.
- Directly lead a team, equipping them with the tools, information, and training to effectively do their jobs and operate at the highest level.
- Provide direct support to crews by troubleshooting issues in the field and documentation of incidents.
- Lead crew line-out and safety meetings.
- Write and maintain internal manuals, training materials, and systems documentation.
- Train new staff and maintain internal quality standards.
- Organization of warehouse, equipment inventories, and track maintenance of mobile equipment (trucks, ATVs, etc.).
- Ensure all field employees adhere to company policies and procedures, enforces disciplinary action, if appropriate, in accordance with company disciplinary policy.
- Other job duties as assigned by management.
- Experience managing, leading and mentoring team members.
- Experience reading maps, using a GPS, and driving off-road.
- Ability to work autonomously while leading multiple crews on simultaneous projects.
- Working knowledge and skill using personal computers (MS Office).
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Adaptability to rapidly changing project needs and scheduling.
- Take initiative and responsibility for the projects being overseen.
- Apply problem-solving skills to optimize project completion.
- Attentive to details with an ability to manage multiple tasks and/or multi-task.
- Review tasks and reports to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Ability to hike in extreme terrain at high elevation and in extreme weather conditions.
- Strong communication skills, leadership qualities, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to walk several miles daily up and down steep and uneven terrain.
- Able to work a variable schedule, generally 10-15 days at a time.
- Previous experience soil sampling, claim staking, constructing fences, and re-seeding.
- Previous GIS experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to safely tow trailers and operate ATVs.
- Background in geology, surveying, environmental sciences, forestry, natural resource management, etc.
Software knowledge preferred:
- Garmin BaseCamp
- MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Citrix Sharefile
- Global Mapper
- Google Earth
- Minimum H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a background/Drug/MVR screening.
Apply for Senior Field Crew Chief
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly