Artemis Gold Inc., listed on the TSX Venture exchange, is a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current focus is the recently acquired Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with strong financials and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. You will have the ability to make a significant contribution to shaping the internal policies and practices of the Company’s Finance function and support the project team as the Company pursues the disciplined development of the Blackwater Project. Blackwater is an advanced-stage development project which received its environmental assessment approvals in 2019 and is proceeding towards permitting, with the goal of commencing construction in 2022. The Company published a pre-feasibility study in August 2020 which reflects proven and probably reserves of 8Moz of gold at 0.78g/t, a low strip ratio of 2:1 and a net present value of C$2.2B at a long-term gold price of US$1,541/oz.
This full-time position will initially report to the Company’s Vice President Finance and may initially be based in Vancouver, but will ultimately be based in Central BC and report to the General Manager of Blackwater, with functional accountability to the Vice President Finance. It may be the ideal opportunity for the Vancouver-based finance professional to relocate to a smaller, more affordable city, while maintaining employment with a highly reputable public company. Primary areas of accountability include:
Financial Planning and Management Reporting
- Drive the planning cycle for annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and life-of-mine plans.
- Challenge and validate inputs and work with department heads to develop quality plans.
- Provide technical (financial reporting) guidance to the operational staff when required.
- Oversee preparation of monthly management reports, leveraging system capabilities to deliver timely, value-added analyses, key metrics, and reports to support departmental cost reviews.
- Work with operations to drive understanding of cost drivers and collaborate on cost improvements.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts for the operations and submit timely cash calls to head-office
- Oversee disbursement of payments in accordance with the Company’s delegation of authority.
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting of the operations, ensuring all transactions are managed in accordance with the Company’s defined governance policies and procedures
- Ensure integrity of the accounting records through supervision of accounting staff and implementation of appropriate fit-for-purpose business processes
Liaison with Supply Chain Management and Procurement
- Liaise with the mine’s Procurement Manager in ensuring compliance with delegation of authority as it relates to initiation of contracts and reporting processes for the associated commitments.
- Liaise with the mine’s Supply Chain Manager to ensuring adherence to the corporate accounting policies related to warehousing and inventory management to facilitate optimal deployment of the Company’s working capital.
- Involvement in defining business processes and workflows associated with the Company’s selected ERP system.
- Lead Internal and External Audit engagements, ensuring controls are in place to safeguard the company's assets.
- Overseeing the tax manager, ensure implementation of the appropriate business processes to comply with the requirements of federal and provincial income and sales taxes.
- Interpret and apply key financial indicators to make better business decisions, using data to improve performance.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Promote safety and ethical operations throughout their business dealings.
- Perform other duties or special assignments as required.
Preferred Qualifications and Education
- University degree in accounting and an accounting designation (CPA).
- Minimum 10-15 years of progressive experience, with experience in a managing role within an operating mining or heavy industrial company.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Power Pivot skills.
- Experience in the use of corporate ERP systems
- Experience in implementation of ERP systems considered an asset.
- Team player with a service-delivery focus, good business acumen, ability to adapt to change in a growing company.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, critical thinking and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet both internal and external deadlines.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and technological advancements.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to travel.
- Candidates located within or willing to locate to the project region are strongly preferred
- Experience with cold weather operations an asset
Travel to the mine-site will be expected for one week per month.
How to Apply:
We ask that any qualified candidates submit their resumes to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, or any other basis protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples. We would like to thank all of those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.