Financial Analyst Location: Corporate Offices - Columbus, Montana (Greater Billings, MT area) Position Summary:
This position will work cooperatively and collaboratively with members of the finance, accounting, operations, and technical staff. The Financial Analyst provides performance data and analysis to the executive on a proactive and timely basis, together with accurate data inputs for budgets and forecasts for the broader business. This is aimed and assisting the business in making critical growth and operating decisions, achieving our corporate priorities and deliverables. They will partner with the business and broader Sibanye-Stillwater Group, being accountable for monitoring execution against our financial and operating plans, identifying improvement opportunities during the process. This position will play a critical role in providing data for the preparation of the Company's consolidated five-year forecast and the creation of ad-hoc ("what if") scenarios as directed by the executive and senior management. This position requires excellent analytical and critical thinking, attention to detail, strong communication and interpersonal skills. Essential Functions:
- Provides input for annual and strategic planning efforts and works to improve the accuracy, responsiveness, and effectiveness of planning processes.
- Partner with operations to strengthen understanding of key initiatives and develop justifications for project funding.
- Actively participate in the monthly operating and financial close processes, including the development and review of financial and efficiency trends.
- Investigate and respond to questions from the executive team regarding operating and financial metrics, including trends analysis, analytics, and transactional details.
- Assist in the development of long-term business objectives and implementation of strategies to meet the Region's goals and Group vision.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other business-related fields.
- Strong technical and analytical skills in finance, general accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis.
- An understanding of business disciplines in order to develop, analyze and interpret financial data.
- Leadership qualities including character, teamwork, communication, business sense, and vision.
- Proven ability to establish trust and respect across team lines, with a strong desire to implement business improvement initiatives across all levels of the company.
- Reliability to follow through on commitments and expectations to get the job done right the first time.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Proven proficiency in the preparation and review of documents, reports, and communication materials, including the advanced use of PowerPoint and Word.
- Proven analytical and financial modeling skills using Excel, including the use of advanced formula writing functions.
- Proven excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask, plan, prioritize and complete projects timely.
- Report writing and presentation development.
- Experience in commodities or mining equities research and financial analysis.
- Experience in analysis and interpretation of business trends.
- Investor relations exposure will be advantageous