Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont ( www.newmont.com ) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
About this role
Reporting to the Sr Energy Global Category Manager, this role supports the development and execution of sourcing strategies for Energy (Diesel, Lubricants, Electricity, Explosives, Heavy Fuel Oil, and Natural Gas) as well as supporting Newmont's Energy and Decarbonization Program objectives by facilitating workstreams directly related to these items.
This incumbent collaborates directly with the Sr Energy Global Category Manager and will interact closely with Suppliers and key partners from Newmont Operations; Asset Management; Planning; Sustainability & External Relations; Operations Technology and Business Improvement; Projects; Regional Supply Chain and the Supply Chain Directorate.
The role's key focus includes providing efficient and effective commercial support and category strategy execution for the Energy contracts, associated strategic supplier relationships as well as aligning the overall Energy category strategy with Energy and Decarbonization Program objectives.
In this role you will
Here is a snapshot of what your day to day will look like:
Energy and Decarbonization Program (40%)
- Facilitate the implementation of the Energy and Decarbonization Program objectives across all sourcing strategies for Energy.
- Support energy data collection and emissions reporting protocol to report actual Scope 1,2 and 3 emissions.
- Work with vendors and internal partners to advance Newmont Energy & Decarbonization Program's vision is to achieve the 30% reduction in CO2e emissions by the end of 2030.
- Solicit ideas from strategic suppliers on global emerging practices related to climate change, GHG mitigation, and adaptation.
- Assist with the evaluation and adoption of low emission technologies, such as energy storage solutions as low emission fuel alternatives.
- Support the appraisal of renewable energy integration opportunities.
- Work closely with Energy and Decarbonization Program workstreams to provide effective commercial support to assist with the execution of strategies relating to adoption of energy efficient technologies.
- Evaluate opportunities for energy optimization, analyzing renewable energy purchase options.
Direct contribution to the execution of strategies for the Energy category and associated strategic supplier relationships (50%)
- Identify and support the realization tracking of cost savings and TCO improvement opportunities.
- Lead and contribute to the implementation and success of category procurement strategies for assigned categories of Newmont operations and projects.
- Provide commercial support including contract negotiation and administration for contracts relating to Energy.
- Lead the development of new contracts with suppliers and coordinating legal reviews; provides commercial recommendations/modifications for existing and developing contracts according to Corporate and regional guidelines.
- Aid the successful adoption of the Supplier Risk Management (SRiM) program
- Develop and tracks category performance metrics of customer satisfaction metrics.
- Apply and advance business case models and documents, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models, should cost and price discipline models for assigned categories as required.
- Maintain awareness of market trends, conditions and changing technologies to produce market intelligence reports to go out to the business.
- Facilitate the creation and implementation of the global procurement strategies for the Energy Category.
- Contribute to the strategic sourcing strategy development to advance the organization's emission reduction goals for all Directorate / Global Consumables Categories.
Supply Chain Integrated Business Process (SCIBP) Program Management (10%)
- Integration of Supply Chain and the Business Planning team to improve the overall business plan where supply chain provides price and market guidance to the business.
- We schedule and prepare material for steering committee meetings
- We support the development of Price Input Models (PIMs) for Diesel and Explosives.
- We maintain up-to-date knowledge of current trends seen in the impacts of climate change on markets and the availability of Global Commodities.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your training, skills, & experience checklist
Here is what we would need to see from you!
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Studies, Engineering, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) years of related energy sector experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are vital.
- Proven proficiencies in energy economics, general and sector specific energy industry expertise, international and intercultural efficiency, and technical aspects of energy science.
- Mining experience strongly preferred
- Proven strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Current trends, practices, technology, and information affecting the climate and energy fields.
- Current principles, practices, strategies, and techniques related to energy conservation, specifically which is derived from fossil fuel sources.
- Validated understanding of climate change issues, including greenhouse gas inventories and strategies for reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Must have ability to optimally utilize Microsoft Word and Excel applications
- Strong PC skills using MS office software
- Knowledge of SAP, Ariba or equivalent enterprise level software packages is vital.
Working conditions & location
Where you will be located!
- Travel to domestic and international locations, as sites require.
- Flexible work hours to ensure effective engagement with operational representatives.
- The work normally requires minimal physical effort
The salary range offered for this role is $ 83,600 to 109,725 . The salary range is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate's salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
This role will be eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company's performance and their own individual performance.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont's sole discretion.Nearest Major Market: