We offer Competitive Pay, Great Benefits, and Opportunities for Growth.
Pinto Valley Mining Corporation (PVMC), a subsidiary of Capstone Mining, is a global leader in metal mining and processing, focused on Copper and Molybdenum production.
As a member of the PVMC team, you will have the opportunity to work for a company that places its highest priorities on supporting its people and the communities where they live, protecting the environment, and providing safe and secure working conditions.
Located just outside the Phoenix metro area, at PVMC you will enjoy working in a collaborative and diverse team environment with training, development, and career growth opportunities. We live by our values; Work Responsibly, Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, and Deliver Results.About the Role
We are seeking Operations Support Shift Supervisors. This role is responsible for supervising a diverse group of skilled employees. The supervisor will be responsible for planned and un-planned maintenance, daily operational KPI’s, stockpile management, and water systems. Also responsible for delivering against performance targets and identifying maintenance resource hours to ensure work schedules and plans are fulfilled on time using SAP. This position will also drive initiatives to optimize existing processes, practices, and equipment performance to improve cost and meet production goals.Who We are Looking For
Are you a highly motivated individual with a commitment to the safety and well-being of your fellow employees? Do you consistently look for ways to improve yourself and others? Are you committed to living the Capstone Values? If so, then you are the kind of person that we are looking for.Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Manage and ensure all employees and are working in compliance with all Pinto Valley Mine and MSHA safety guidelines and procedures.
- Manage and ensure all employees and contractors are working in compliance with all Pinto Valley Mine standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors are certified to execute the tasks/jobs they are assigned.
- Ensure equipment servicing is scheduled in accordance with intervals and standards and servicing is performed timely.
- Identify, order or schedule resources required for planned tasks, including parts, equipment, materials, tools, procedures, documents and external resources
- Prepare, maintain and update job plans for the planned tasks
- Manage the work order and maintenance tracking system
- Assist in invoice reviews and payment approvals
- Ops Support Supervisors will perform the following:
- Execution of planned maintenance of outlying areas and SXEW plant.
- Stockpile management for processing (providing operators to push ore).
- Update schedule to reflect actual labor hours available (time confirmation).
- Review/Confirm Week’s W.O.’s are ready to be scheduled.
- Review W.O.’s not planned and W.O.’s waiting for parts, etc.
- Create notifications and W.O.’s for Scheduled Work as required.
- Prioritize trouble calls operations and maintenance.
- Develop Daily Schedule (detailed & sufficient)
- Based on planned work and unexpected stockpile management.
- Includes break-downs
- Verify spare parts and resources available
- Review and validate clarity of work requests
- Define scope of work to be completed
- Produce cost estimates as required
- Receive approved Work Orders for Planning
- Conduct job site review where necessary
- Estimate labor hours and materials required
- Create Purchase Requisitions
- Provide input into 2-year budget and short-range forecast. Achieve goals and targets for the Maintenance planning sub-functions in line with those plans.
- Remediate and Signoff HSEC Observation (green forms) as submitted.
- Behave in a way that demonstrates support of Capstone’s Vision and Values: Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, Deliver Results and Work Responsibly.
- Responsible for but not limited to all tasks/duties assigned or required.
- Ability to speak, comprehend, read, and write English fluently.
Key Competencies / Skills
- Detailed knowledge of theories, practices and processes for pumping systems, equipment repair and maintenance, with operational background.
- Detailed knowledge of preventive maintenance process and practices.
Physical Demands of the Role
- 2-3 years experience in Maintenance, operations, and/or Supervision, preferably open pit mining. Successfully complete in-house testing when required
- Average computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook; ADP; and other systems)
- Familiarity with SAP Asset Management a plus
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- This role is generally 25% office environment and 75% field environment.
- Ability to stand and walk for short durations, including walking up and down stairs and across uneven surfaces.
- Ability to kneel, crawl, stoop, and squat, occasionally in confined spaces.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Excellent Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance (effective on date of hire)
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Matching Program and Employee Share Purchase Plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Pinto Valley Mining Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.