Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an opportunity available for a site Material Controller to join our Mining & Minerals business in Oakville at our construction project site . Reporting to the Manager(s), Supply Chain and Construction and working alongside other team members at the construction site you will have the opportunity to provide support on one of our major projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast pace environment, this opportunity is for you. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Ensure appropriate storage and laydown facilities are available for receipt and storage, including compliance with required maintenance and preservation requirements of all equipment and materials
- Manage temporary hire and owned plant, equipment, tools, and consumables required by Construction and Commissioning to support completion of the works, setting re-order levels and recording receipt and issue details, including requirements for planned maintenance, re-calibration, and re-certification either internally or by third party certification authorities
- Control the safe replenishment, transportation, and appropriate storage of fuel, oil, gas, chemical and radioactive resources in accordance with existing health and safety procedures, legislative requirements, and best working practices, whichever is the most demanding
- Establish appropriate procedures and maintain all associated controls and records related to receipt, handling, inspection, storage, and issue of materials, or equipment to construction, or transfers to other locations
- Maintain accurate records and all associated documents related to receipts, storage locations, issue of equipment materials to construction, items in storage, and for inter-site transfers to ensure complete traceability
- Maintain processes, procedures, and records related to imported items to ensure compliance with any relevant import customs regulations and country of equipment or material origin Export Control Compliance (ECC) legislation
- Issue Material Receiving Reports (MRR) for all deliveries to the site and, where discrepancies or non-conformances are identified, ensure the items are quarantined. Issues OS&D reports and liaise with project Supply Chain to arrange and confirm resolution for all discrepancies
- Provide weekly status reports to the site construction management team which detail forecast receipts, actual receipts of materials and equipment, and any delinquencies identified during the reporting period
- Work with construction to ensure issue and "bagging and tagging" requirements for construction or installation by sub-contractors are identified well in advance of requirements and provide status reports regarding the availability, preparation, and issue status of equipment and materials required
- Monitor and track material usage of bulk materials to ensure any excess usage or replacement requirements are replenished; on completion of a project, undertake site material reconciliation to identify all items incorporated and used, balances on hand and scrap
- Work with Commissioning to ensure that all spares and consumables are available for use against scheduled requirements and to facilitate the local or home office procurement of requirements as appropriate
- Minimum 8-12 years of site material control experience on heavy industrial projects within a construction environment, preferably in remote or international locations.
- recognized supply chain management certification or equivalent
- Good understanding of the forwarding, customs clearing and shipping principles, permits, logistics management and supply chain strategies.
- Good understanding of Standard Procurement Terms and Incoterms 2020 and the relationship these have with head contract.
- Good understanding of local laws for transport and ability to gather all required information.
- Knowledge and experience in working in remote locations.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office applications, SharePoint, Electronic Project Management Systems, including data base manipulation
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.