Nevada Gold Mines is looking for a Process Operator to join the Process Operations team.
The Process Operator will ensure safe and efficient operation of various processing circuits/equipment including but not limited to: grinding circuits (wet/dry), crushing circuits ( jaw/gyro/cone), carbon-in-leach, resin-in-leach, elution (carbon/resin), autoclaves, roasters, thickeners, boilers, water treatment systems, off gas/gas handling, reagent handling, electrowinning, retort/induction furnaces, solution balance, sample collection, data recording, retrieval of sample data, proper handling of potentially hazardous chemicals, monitoring/controlling water and slurry flows, reagent addition, checking conveyors, pumps, valves, piping and other equipment, making calculations and adjustments as needed to maintain operating parameters within limits. Inspect and check all other components of operating systems and equipment regularly. Maintains house keeping and circuit cleanliness to ensure safe operation. Responsibilities:
- Conduct work area exam for assigned area(s) to identify substandard conditions that may pose a danger to personnel and take necessary steps to correct identified substandard conditions and document all noted conditions not corrected by the end of shift
- Conduct routine equipment inspections to identify conditions or defects that may impact employee safety, environmental compliance, property damage or reliability of equipment and take necessary steps to mitigate defects. (Make basic repairs if employee has training, skill, and knowledge or generate work request in work management system.)
- Conduct detailed equipment inspections as assigned, document deficiencies and generate work requests. (Safety equipment and plant equipment)
- Maintain circuit operating parameters within designated limits
- Ensure all sampling is conducted at designated intervals, accurately processed, and results documented as defined by procedure
- Operate assigned circuit(s) within specified standards to ensure federal/state/local/site requirements/regulations
- Stop and start all components or equipment in system.
- Understand process flows and equipment fundamentals to properly execute LOTO, & trouble shooting actions as required
- Work with team members to effectively and efficiently complete tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We Can Offer You
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, including working in hot or cold weather conditions required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work with minimum supervision required
- Proven safety and attendance record required
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years' experience working in a processing facility preferred
- Knowledge of high pressure/high temperature systems preferred
- Direct experience working in the Process or Mining environment preferred
- Experience in handling chemicals and reagents preferred
- Experience in other phases of gold ore processing preferred
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.