PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Underground Mine Manager is responsible to manage all underground operations. Leads the mine operations management team responsible for safe production, development and infrastructure construction in a manner that fosters individual accountability within clearly established parameters to ensure maximum productivity while adhering to provincial safety and environmental legislation, regulations, Company policy and procedure, and good management practices.
- Lead the strategic planning of the mine operations group while collaborating with maintenance and technical services leaders to optimize the operation.
- Develop and lead the continuous improvement initiatives in the mine operations group to enhance productivity throughout the mining cycles.
- Direct mine operations to ensure that mine production plans (tonnes and grade) are achieved to feed the mill, safely and efficiently.
- Direct mine development, by owner’s and/or contractor’s crews, to ensure safe and efficient advance.
- Manage contracts associated with the mine to control costs and maintain critical path schedules.
- Develop and meet the mine operating budget to control mining costs and to maximize the ore body.
- Review and approve mine plans (short and long term).
- Contribute to the general management of the operation as a member of the senior management team.
- Participate in underground emergencies as the Emergency Control Officer responsible for all rescue and recovery operations.
- Promote and hold accountable all mine personnel to follow safety standards and achieve zero harm.
- Bachelor's degree in Mine or Technical professional diploma.
- Minimum 20 years of mining experience, with increasing levels of responsibility, including years at the superintendent level or above and exposure to all areas of underground operations.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and general management principles.
- Background in open stoping with paste backfill operation; remote site experience preferred.
- Has a broad knowledge of mining methods and procedures.
- Cost management and budgeting.
- Bilingual communication skills (English - Spanish).