A thriving multi-commodity resource organisation, holding mining operations and development projects across several continents. Located at the groups key base metals business and underground operation in Africa, a Maintenance Manager is currently required to oversee whole of site maintenance for fixed and mobile, surface and underground equipment.
Reporting to the General Manager Operations, duties will include:
- Manage surface and underground, fixed and mobile maintenance;
- Implement site-wide maintenance and engineering strategies;
- Develop and drive best practice maintenance planning systems;
- Optimise equipment performance and maintenance programming;
- Oversee and manage department maintenance budget and expenditure;
- Foster a high-performance work culture across the maintenance department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical related Engineering Discipline;
- Prior experience working as an expat outside of home country origin;
- Demonstrated fixed & mobile maintenance expertise in an underground mining environment;
- Prior experience working in a maintenance/engineering management role at an underground metalliferous mine;
- Proven track record in safety management;
- Able to engage internal and external stakeholders effectively;
- High-level communication, influencing and negotiation capability.
The chosen candidate will be awarded a senior management position at one of Africa’s prominent underground base metals mining operations. The role will be remunerated with a highly competitive USD base salary + bonus with business flights and onsite camp-style accommodation provided.
Options for business class FIFO & residential living in country is supported by the company.
If the opportunity sounds to be of interest, we encourage you to apply using the provided link. Alternatively, resume applications and enquiries can be directed to Dan McComb via email@example.com or +61 2 8005 7377.
Iron Cove Global – Mining Search is an Australia based, globally focussed mining and resources search firm. Should you be interested to learn about this role or other opportunities we may be working on, please get in touch.