Trafigura Group has an immediate need for a qualified Mine Surveyor at its Myra Falls Mine on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Reporting to the Senior Mine Engineer, the Mine Surveyor will be responsible for accurately surveying underground workings, surface stockpiles and other infrastructure. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a very comprehensive compensation and benefits package. More specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Make Myra Falls Mine your next career choice!
- Apply an understanding of underground mine design and mine design software.
- Manage on a daily basis the underground surveying needs for development, drilling and construction.
- Update the mine as-built survey data and issue survey progress prints.
- Carry out pickups and estimations for period-end calculations.
- Perform period-end calculations and maintain files with results.
- Perform check surveys as required for quality control.
- Perform ventilation monitoring, rock bolt pull testing and other tasks as required.
- Carry out CMS (Cavity Monitoring System) Surveys on a routine basis.
- Promote a high level of safety and environmental awareness amongst your team.
- Manage the work required to complete required calculations in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of underground mine surveying experience;
- Diploma in Mining Engineering Technician or Surveying;
- AutoCad and Mine Design software experience a necessity;
- Deswik experience is preferred; Experience in hard rock mining will be an asset.
- Consent to a pre-employment medical examination that includes a drug & alcohol screen.
Myra Falls Mine is a “dry camp”, underground mine operation located 90 km southwest of Campbell River, BC in the picturesque surroundings of Strathcona Provincial Park. This is an onsite position. Relocation assistance to the Campbell River area will be available.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Myrafalls.Careers@myrafallsmine.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.