Are you a Safety professional looking to grow your career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Trainer at our Carlin operation. The successful candidate will engage with several key internal and external stakeholders to initiate and support safe and responsible mining operations.
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of training programs for competency.
- Maintain site compliance to ensure that employees have the necessary skills, knowledge, and attitude to perform their assigned tasks in a safe, efficient, and environmentally sound manner.
- Create and maintain accurate training records in accordance with MSHA regulations.
- Conduct observations in collaboration with the operating departments.
- Ability to create training courses based on site needs.
- Develop teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, meetings, and workshops.
- Excellent and demonstrated personal commitment to safety, health and training.
- Assist in the standardization of divisional procedures, guidelines, and planned task observations.
- Audit and review training courses, materials and programs for continuous improvement.
- Assist in the implementation of a Competency Based Training system that ensures information is delivered in a manner that employees will retain.
- Assist in the tracking of task training and planned task observations.
- Maintain document control and management.
- Maintain training records with associated supporting documentation in compliance with site repository directives.
- Assist in the planning and scheduling of Annual Refresher Training for all employees.
- Facilitate new miner, experienced miner, hazard, site and task specific training courses as needed.
- Participate with alignment of site initiatives or mandates.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We Can Offer You
- Five (5) years of experience in mining, construction or heavy equipment industry required
- Proven experience in working with peer groups and focus teams required
- Ability to drive results and ensure completion of time sensitive deadlines required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent leadership skills and knowledge of influencing others required
- Ability to promote safety in training and lead by example required
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlookpreferred
- Proven safe work record required
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.