Long Range Mine Planner
Trafigura Group has an immediate need for a qualified Long Range Mine Planner at its Myra Falls Mine on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a very comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Make Myra Falls Mine your next career choice!
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent, the Long Range Mine Planner plays a key role in the development of underground mine designs, plans, and schedules. More specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver medium to long range mine designs and schedules to guide operations and the Life of Mine Plan
- Develop underground layout designs for stoping, access and infrastructure
- Optimize resource extraction considering total costs of mining and development
- Communicate and consult with engineering and operations in developing the plans
- Analyze compliance to plans to identify risks and recommend adjustments to design and plans
- Supervise, mentor and train junior members of the team
- Perform other duties as assigned requirements
- A strong commitment to safety principles and culture.
- Undergraduate degree in Mining Engineering or similar field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in underground mine planning, with significant longhole stoping experience.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to accuracy, detail, and deadline.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
- High capabilities with Microsoft Office and mine planning related software packages, i.e. Deswik and AutoCAD.
- Professional Engineer designation or ability to obtain within 6 months desirable.
- Highly adaptable to ever changing and high demand work environment.
- Consent to a pre-employment medical examination that includes a drug & alcohol screen.
Myra Falls Mine is a “dry camp”, underground mine operation located 90 km southwest of Campbell River, BC in the picturesque surroundings of Strathcona Provincial Park. This is an onsite position. Relocation assistance to the Campbell River area will be available.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Myrafalls.Careers@myrafallsmine.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.