The Sugar Zone Mine entered commercial production in 2019. The mine is currently producing from the Sugar Zone North and South areas. Development is underway to the Middle Zone, which will open up a whole new mining area.
Reporting to the Site Services Lead Hand, the Loader Operator/Labourer will efficiently perform all required duties while maintaining a safe and collaborative work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate the Loader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Understand and follow direction from supervisors as to required work area.
- Operate Loader controls to lower and tilt bucket and drive forward to force bucket into bulk material; move lever to raise and tilt bucket when filled, or to dump material.
- Endure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Operate Loader maintaining proper awareness of one's surroundings.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the Loader.
- Train new employees in the safe and efficient operation of the Loader.
- Unload tools, prepare building site materials, stack building materials, and set up equipment.
- Use construction and maintenance tools and equipment to complete daily tasks.
- Assist in building scaffolding and temporary structures.
- Safely operate a variety of tools including pressure washers, jackhammers, drills, saws, grinders, and blowtorches.
- Prepare new construction areas by digging, moving dirt, or compacting space.
- Lift, carry and move material, tools, and other supplies up to 50lbs.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of and comply with the rules and regulations set by the Company.
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Construction experience required.
- Demonstration of knowledge of Loader and other heavy equipment.
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Experience with Surface Fire Fighting would be considered an asset.
- The work schedule is a rotation of 14 days on and 14 days off, 12-hour shifts.
- Accommodation to be provided in White River, Ontario.
- Transportation provided between White River and the Sugar Zone Mine.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume no later than Sunday, September 19, 2021
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Harte Gold is an equal opportunity employer.