Health and Safety Administrator
Trafigura Group has an immediate need for a qualified Health and Safety Administrator at its Myra Falls Mine on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a very comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Make Myra Falls Mine your next career choice!
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, the Health and Safety Administrator is responsible for maintaining the data within our Health & Safety Management System. The position builds, maintains, and updates health and safety documentation and related systems while championing the proactive and preventative aspects of our safety programs. More specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support collection, analysis and distribution of safety and training KPI information.
- Monitor, coordinate and organize effective H&S training programs consistent with the Myra Falls H&S standards.
- Coordinate and participate in incident investigation reports, root cause analysis of incidents and effective corrective actions.
- Deliver orientations to new hires, contractors and visitors as scheduled.
- Assist with Workers Compensation Claim Management
- Assist in the development of health and safety policies and programs.
- Provide administrative support to Health & Safety Team.
- Assist in the development of presentation and meeting materials for daily, weekly and monthly Health and Safety meetings for departments across site.
- Conduct safety audits including inspection of work sites, facilities, equipment, work practices, safety devices to ensure workplace safety standard compliance, and report in a timely and accurate manner.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a safety administrative role, preferably at an operating mine or a similar industrial environment;
- Mature attitude and ability to work effectively independent of supervision
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to attend to detail, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to relate to persons at all levels with diverse educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to influence and build collaborative relationships
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Proficiency in utilizing computer and web-based systems (SAP, Safeguard etc.)
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, etc.)
- Consent to a pre-employment medical examination which includes a drug & alcohol screening.
Myra Falls Mine is a “dry camp”, underground mine operation located 90 km southwest of Campbell River, BC in the picturesque surroundings of Strathcona Provincial Park. This is an onsite position and travel to and daily travel between the Campbell River/Courtenay area is required. Bus transportation is provided. Relocation assistance to the Campbell River area may be available.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Myrafalls.Careers@myrafallsmine.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.