2022 Graduate Program Mechanical/Mechatronics/Automation Engineering
What if from day one you didn't just watch things happen, you made things happen?
What if you didn't just make an impression, you created a legacy?
What if you didn't just start a job, you transformed an industry?
From day one, our graduates help us transform the way we do things, making a better tomorrow for all of us."¯We love fresh ideas and new thinking and our graduate program gives you the tools to innovate and invent -- to pioneer progress for you and us.
We're looking for graduates from a range of degrees for different areas across our business. This requisition is for a role in Mechanical Engineering with focus on Mechatronics/Automation, based at Rio Tinto Kennecott in Salt Lake City, Utah.
As a Graduate Mechanical Engineer, you will be involved with maintenance, reliability, projects, planning, scheduling, and execution, focusing on rotating and fixed equipment supporting the safe and reliable operation of all areas of Kennecott.Eligibility:
What you'll also bring
- Bachelor or master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, with minor in Mechatronics/Automation or related field - completed in 2020, 2021 or by May 2022
- Less than two years of relevant work experience (local and international)
- Right to work in the USA
- Valid driving license
What's on offer
- Willingness to learn and to make an impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm to collaborate with different teams in unique environments
Our global Graduate Development Program is designed to prepare the leaders of the future through a series of engaging, progressive and future skills activities. Visit our webpage for a detailed overview of our program.
In addition, here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:"¯
Where you will be working
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment"¯
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees"¯
- A generous relocation package for eligible candidates
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions"¯
- Access to top tier"¯family-friendly health and medical programs"¯
- Generous 401k matching program"¯
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)"¯
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter"¯
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program"¯
Our Kennecott mine is a world-class, fully integrated copper mining operation, including a concentrator, smelter and refinery, located just outside Salt Lake City, Utah, in the United States. We produce copper, precious metals including gold and silver, molybdenum and sulfuric acid. Kennecott has been mining and processing minerals from the rich ore body of the Bingham Canyon Mine since 1903 and is one of the top producing mines in the world, comprising approximately 11 percent of U.S. annual copper production.About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress. Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQ+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information.
Please note, in order to be considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.Applications close on Friday October 8th (
Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date). Applications received will be assessed over the following weeks.All progress begins with pioneers at Rio Tinto, it begins with you.