The Nuna Group of Companies is now accepting resumes for Labourers for work located at our client site in the Northwest Territories. Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks and mine construction contractor in Canada. Nuna Logistics
is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for Cultural Diversity and for Community & Environment
; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective and innovative operator in the north.
Note all these positions are labour intensive and will require a high level of physical endurance and all require a valid drivers license.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strict adherence to Company and Client safety policies and practices, including, but not limited to:
- Daily completion of Field Level Hazard Assessments
- Conducting Job Hazard Analysis prior to start of task
- Review of relevant Safe Work Procedures
- Perform a wide variety of jobs using basic construction skills, such as shovelling, moving materials, etc.
- Completion of documentation as required by workscope
- Maintain clean and safe workspaces including vehicles and lunchrooms
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Valid drivers license
- Previous experience working in a road building, mining, and/or industrial setting an asset
- Physically fit with ability to lift up to 50lbs, and climb up/down equipment/stairs frequently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take and follow directions well
- Willingness to learn and ask questions as required
- Surface Miner CORE an asset. (Please submit copy with your resume)
This is camp position, with an anticipated rotation of 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off, 12 hour shifts. Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.
Candidates will have to complete pre-access criminal records check to gain access to site.
Nuna is committed to the principle of employment equity. we welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
Interested applicants may send their resume, clearly outlining their skills to: https://nunalogistics.com/join-our-team /