Mobile Maintenance Planner
Trafigura Group has an immediate need for a qualified Mobile Maintenance Planner at its Myra Falls Mine on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a very comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Make Myra Falls Mine your next career choice!
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent, the Mobile Maintenance Planner plays a key role in ensuring the readiness and performance of our underground mobile equipment fleet. More specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and continuously improve the preventive maintenance program for all mobile equipment.
- Assure compliance to all applicable statutory codes including reviewing and updating current maintenance plans as well as identifying deficiencies and developing new maintenance strategies.
- Schedule available manpower, order and track parts, and document work tasks. This includes developing and maintaining the maintenance management system in SAP (work order creating and tracking, preventive maintenance strategies, managing the functional location structure, creating and updating equipment usage tracking, etc.)
- Coordinate maintenance with other maintenance and operating departments. This includes tracking schedule compliance, reviewing completed work and prioritizing work to be completed.
- Engineer or technician with a minimum of 5 years related experience as a planner;
- Extensive knowledge of heavy equipment maintenance, mining preferred;
- Proven ability to establish and improve preventive maintenance programs;
- Proficient computer skills (SAP, Microsoft Office);
- Willingness to relocate to the Campbell River/Courtenay area
- Consent to a pre-employment medical examination that includes a drug & alcohol screen.
Myra Falls Mine is a “dry camp”, underground mine operation located 90 km southwest of Campbell River, BC in the picturesque surroundings of Strathcona Provincial Park. This is an onsite position and daily travel between the Campbell River/Courtenay area and the minesite is required. Bus transportation is provided. Relocation assistance to the Campbell River area may be available.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Myrafalls.Careers@myrafallsmine.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.