Closing Date: October 3, 2021
Reporting to the Asset Management Group or Plant Business Area, the Project Coordinator will be accountable for the planning, coordination and execution of multiple and concurrent capital, non-routine and routine projects typically under a value of $500,000.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Strong commitment towards safety, hygiene and environmental policies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to gather and interpret technical information and make rational and realistic decisions
- Strong organizational, planning, multi-tasking and resourcing skills with ability to plan and prioritize own work and work of others
- Strong work ethic and sets high standards of performance for self and others
- Follows and ensures others follow established policies and procedures
- Collaborative and comfortable working within a team environment
- Ability to supervise Teck trades employees, coordinate mixed Teck and contractor crews as well as coordinate work solely with contractors
- Is customer focused; establishes effective liaison with contractors, customers and suppliers
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, prioritize and handle numerous tasks at once is essential
- Ability to be adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong computer applications aptitude, with skill-base in Word and Excel
- Experience with JDE and MS Project is beneficial
- Must hold a valid driverâ€™s license
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each personâ€™s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.Â
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.Â
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Social Media, Project Manager, Coal Mining, Marketing, Technology, Mining