is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Oversees and performs specialized accounting and financial activities on complex accounts and funds in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Freeport-McMoRan policies and procedures.
- Performs or serves as team leader in assembling complex and interrelated financial statements; oversees and reviews the recording of expenditures, entries and posting to general ledgers; verifies books and bank statement reconciliation
- Analyzes financial operations and recommends enhancements to policies or procedures
- Reviews and recommends new or enhanced automated financial statements
- Oversees and assists in audit preparation by developing required schedules and reconciliation reports; monitors and develops monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for projects
- May provide functional advice or training to less experience accountant positions at site
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related area and five (5) years of experience in Accounting, OR
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or closely related area and three (3) years of experience in Accounting
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures in the accounting field of specialization
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Knowledge of office procedures and equipment, including PCs and financial software
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Prescott Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Accounting, Finance