About the Company: Gladieux Metals Recycling, one of the leaders of spent petroleum catalyst recycling, has been in business since 1946. The plant recovers molybdenum, vanadium, nickel, cobalt and various alumina products to be sold in chemical and metallurgical applications. This reclaiming process converts a hazardous waste into raw materials thereby reducing the need for mining, and conserving natural resources. GMR provides end to end tracking, providing a best-in-class Cradle-to-Grave solution for its customers, streamlining the reclamation process.
Position Summary: Responsible for optimizing all process activities to ensure vanadium pentoxide and molybdenum trioxide are recovered in a safe, cost effective manner.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform tests throughout stages of production to determine degree of control over variables, including temperature, density, specific gravity, and pressure.
- Determine most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, and drying.
- Perform laboratory studies of steps in manufacture of new product and test proposed process in small scale operation such as a pilot plant.
- Conduct research to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
- Design measurement and control systems for chemical plants based on data collected in laboratory experiments and in pilot plant operations.
- Design and plan layout of equipment.
- Propose new programs to address future technological needs of the corporation.
- Propose, design and conduct research that leads to new product or process development.
- Develop strategies related to automation and instrumentation of new or existing processes.
- Supervise start-up of new processes or process modification.
- Provide support to Marketing and Sales in customer related problems and to operations on plant or process problems.
- Maintain records of project work and write timely reports upon completion.
- Prepare quarterly progress reports.
- Support GMR’s Management strategy by contributing a technical management viewpoint to product, business and resource allocation decisions.
- Establish objectives for process development/improvement.
- Work with operations in the transfer of technology to the manufacturing process.
- Protect, enhance and broaden the technological base of the company while providing real-time, applied, solutions in support of on-going operations.
- Coordinate, direct, and manage all R&D, analytical, and technical activities.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- BS or MS in Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering.
- Minimum of five years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in at least one of the fields of metal extraction via Hydrometallurgical, Pyrometallurgical, Solvent Extraction, Roasting/Calcining.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment for extended periods of time.
- Excellent communication skills.
**Equal Opportunity Employer**