Requisition ID:40761 Job Category:
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining , energy , and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff , with experience in over 150 countries , to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivatedLinear CAD Designer
to join the Dynamic Earth Solutions teamin the Mississauga/Oakville location. As the successful candidate, you will:
You bring to the role:
- Prepare preliminary and detailed design drawings for a variety of infrastructure projects, primarily sewers and watermains including valve chambers, air release chambers, maintenance shafts, and other structures associated with pipelines;
- Prepare drawings from detailed notes and specifications;
- Convert existing scanned or hardcopy drawings to electronic format by efficient use of scanning/tracing;
- Importing 2D electronic files into 3D CAD design environment;
- Develop utility and linear infrastructure plan and profile designs and other civil drawings using field surveyor notes;
- Provide coordination for utility circulations.
Why join us?
- Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Diploma from an accredited College;
- Minimum of3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Strong computer skills including demonstrated experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, In-Roads, MicroStation, and Microsoft Office, specifically Excel;
- Work term experience in a design office completing design assignments for utility or linear infrastructure projects;
- Experience in Utility and Pipeline design such as developing infrastructure plans and profiles and piping design;
- Strong communication skills are needed;
- Experience in civil infrastructure, site planning, linear, alignment design and construction would be an asset;
- Knowledge of pipe material selection, pipe bedding materials, standard lengths, valve and flange fittings would be an asset;
- Consulting engineering experience would be an asset;
- C.E.T. certification would be an asset.
What we offer you?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation. Job Segment:
Engineer, Consulting, Drafting, CAD, Geology, Engineering, Technology