Nevada Gold Mines is looking for an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician to join our Carlin District Electrical and Instrumentation Team. Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Process Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor, the Electrical and Instrumentation Technician is responsible for the following:
- Safety and effectively perform preventive maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting of power distribution centers, switchgear, motors and controls, process controls and instrumentation
- Must be willing to work shifts, overtime, and callouts
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We Can Offer You:
- Minimum two (2) years of experience performing electrical and instrumentation duties required. May substitute two (2) years of trade school or equivalent training for two years of the required experience
- Ability to read blueprints and troubleshoot electrical/instrumentation circuits is required
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, follow instructions, and provide feedback is required
- Some experience with PLC controls, troubleshooting and programming as well as experience with variable frequency drives is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of this job required
- Capable and willing to work with maintenance and operational teams required
- Good safety record and ability to work with various safety programs required
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.