Gold Fields Australia is currently seeking a Technician: Electrical (Auto) to join the Maintenance Department at the Granny Smith Gold Mine.
Reporting to the Leading Hand: Mechanical (Mobile), you will be responsible for providing high quality maintenance and auto-electrical services on a wide variety of heavy equipment as used in the mining operations.
This role is offered on an 8 days on, 6 days off, 7 nights on, 7 days off roster and is Fly in Fly Out from Perth. Benefits include:
Gold Fields has a vast array of benefits including:
Duties of the role:
- Stability - Granny Smith has a 10-year mine life
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Salary Sacrifice options
- Repair, service and maintain electrical and electronic systems for underground heavy mobile plant including: Eprioc MT65 trucks, Caterpillar Underground loaders, Sandvik development and Epiroc production drills;
- Demonstrate compliance with the OHS and Environmental Management System standards;
- Service and maintenance of RCT Guidance Remote systems
- Meet maintenance budget targets by scheduled inspections, servicing, adjustments, troubleshooting and timely repairs;
- Provide accurate maintenance knowledge and practical application to minimise down time and potential loss of production;
- Maintain a working knowledge of all task instructions and procedures;
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping throughout workshops to ensure a safe work environment and effectively manage risks.
You will have:
Applications can be submitted via :
- Recognised Auto Electrical Trade Qualification
- Certificate II in Automotive Mechanical (Air conditioning)
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- RCT tele remote training and experience
- Experience with Eprioc MT65 Trucks, Sandvik Development drills essential
- Forklift/Dogging Tickets Essential & Crane/EWP Tickets would be highly regarded
https://careers.goldfields.com.au We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.