Accounts Payable & Payroll Clerk
Northern Star Resources is the global gold growth company, with three large, high margin production centres exclusively in the tier one locations of Western Australia and Alaska, USA. Production guidance is 1.6 million ounces in the current financial year, before climbing to 2 million ounces by FY27.
Current Reserves of 19Moz underpin long mine lives across the portfolio, with further upside from an enviable track record in exploration and discovery. Responsible and progressive ESG practices are integral to the Northern Star business.
Northern Star has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an Accounts Payable and Payroll Clerk at our world-class Pogo Operations. This opportunity is offered is located in our Fairbanks, AK office working Monday Friday. SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific Departmental Requirements
Key Role Qualifications & Experience Required
- Process account-payable invoices and employee time cards.
- Maintains electronic filing systems for Accounts Payable (invoices, reports) and Payroll (time cards, pay adjustments, reports).
- Timely and accurate preparation of bimonthly accounts payable check runs and biweekly payrolls for all employees.
- Timely and accurate remittance of biweekly payroll taxes, garnishments and other payroll obligations.
- Responsible for payroll processing including reviewing and checking payroll for accuracy.
- Posting adjustments and corrections as necessary.
- Work with supervision to aid in the proper administration of payroll policies.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of payroll inputs (hours worked, paid time off, absences, bonuses and adjustments to ensure payroll accuracy).
- Preparation and storage biweekly payroll reports.
- Preparation and submission of biweekly payroll obligations (payroll taxes, garnishments and other obligations).
- Preparation and balancing of annual W2 process.
Desired Experience & Competencies
- High school diploma or GED required
- Post-secondary education is preferred
- Employee must have sufficient education to read and write instructions, utilize Microsoft Office products (mainly Excel), perform simple mathematical calculations and keep records.
- Working knowledge of automated payroll and accounts payable systems (ADP application software, Excel, and Microsoft Word) is desired.
- Operational knowledge of office equipment and machines (I.e. phone, fax, copier, scanner, adding machine).
- Efficiently and accurately input data in a personal computer environment.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- Awareness of Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA).
- A Covid Vaccine is required as a condition of employment for all employees hired on or after July 12, 2021.
Why join us?
- Either one round of Pfizer or Moderna, or the J&J COVID-19 Vaccine is required prior to beginning work for Northern Star (Pogo) LLC. If Pfizer or Moderna, the second vaccine shot will then be needed as scheduled to complete the requirement.
- Requests for exceptions to this requirement, for reasons such as a candidate's religious beliefs or disability status, will be considered on a case by case basis and determined by the general manager.
When you join, you join the next exciting growth stage of Northern Star. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you'll experience:
- Vibrant hub of activity, with the ability to be part of successful and productive team.
- Great company culture with the opportunity to lead and develop a great workforce.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses and exceptional benefits.
- Membership access to our GOLDSTARR reward gateway program.
Northern Star Resources Limited is a global-scale Australian gold producer with world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Alaska.
Pogo Operations is located 145km (220km by road) SE of Fairbanks, Alaska and is situated in the Tintina Gold Province. The mine, which commenced production in 2006, controls some 17,080 of mining and exploration leases. CONCLUSIONReady to take the next step in your career?
Click the 'apply' button now and tell us everything we need to know about you! Diversity & Inclusion
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local communities in which we operate. We recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence. Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company takes its obligations seriously with respect to EEO and providing a work environment based on mutual respect and free from discrimination and harassment. The company is committed to fair employment practices for all decisions affecting employment and career development, including, but not limited to recruiting, promoting, assigning work, training, promoting, upgrading, developing and retaining employees and future employees. All discipline and qualification standards will be based on the principle of merit. The Company's EEO policy applies to all employees, supervisors, managers, contractors and visitors at its business locations.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/ Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately. No agency referrals will be accepted at this time.