We offer Competitive Pay, Great Benefits, and Opportunities for Growth.
Pinto Valley Mining Corporation (PVMC), a subsidiary of Capstone Mining, is a global leader in metal mining and processing, focused on Copper and Molybdenum production.
As a member of the PVMC team, you will have the opportunity to work for a company that places its highest priorities on supporting its people and the communities where they live, protecting the environment, and providing safe and secure working conditions.
Located just outside the Phoenix metro area, at PVMC you will enjoy working in a collaborative and diverse team environment with training, development, and career growth opportunities. We live by our values; Work Responsibly, Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, and Deliver Results.About the Role
We are seeking a Process Control Technician. This position is responsible for (including but not limited to) providing programming skill, expertise and planning for Process Control Systems for mining systems (mining, crushing, conveying, milling, flotation, and SXEW) to ensure safe and efficient production controls. Working with ControlLogix/CompactLogix PLC's and Wonderware DCS/HMI systems. Will assist with field/instrumentation work.Who We are Looking For
Are you a highly motivated individual with a commitment to the safety and well-being of your fellow employees? Do you consistently look for ways to improve yourself and others? Are you committed to living the Capstone Values? If so, then you are the kind of person that we are looking for.Responsibilities & Qualifications
Physical Demands of the Role
- Ensure all employees are working in compliance with all Pinto Valley Mine and MSHA safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure all employees and contractors are working in compliance with all Pinto Valley Mine standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors are certified to execute the tasks/jobs they are assigned (as necessary).
- Conducts work activities safely and in accordance with schedules and plans, and adheres to relevant regulations, laws, standards and operating procedures.
- Complies with collective bargaining agreement.
- Spends appropriate time in field and ensures that critical controls for material risks are being correctly and uniformly applied and used by all teams.
- Prepares plans that allow for the proper management of resources.
- Demonstrate and instill an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Deliver against targets and budgets for Safety, Planning, Process Control and Cost.
- Ensure critical controls for material risks are in place and effective, and that standards and specifications are adhered to.
- Ensures work schedules and plans are fulfilled on time.
- Positively influence and shape the culture to ensure a safe, sustainable and disciplined approach to work.
- Provide input into long-term planning (Resource Development Plan, 5 year plan, etc.) and achieves goals and targets for the Process Control engineering sub-functions in line with those plans (2 year budget and short-range forecast, etc.).
- Contributes to initiatives to optimize existing business systems, processes, practices and equipment to improve the overall performance of the function.
- Document and communicate effectively with peers and internal customers.
- Promote a safe work culture for employees and contractors.
- 1SAP or SAP experience.
- Emphasis in process control systems, preferably with mining experience. (Wonderware, Studio5000, RSLogix5000, RSLinx, FactoryTalk ME
- Successfully complete In-house testing where required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Process Control.
- A minimum of 4 years as guiding and influencing practice in Electrical, with emphasis on Digital Control Systems (DCS).
- Detailed knowledge of Electrical theories and practices.
- Knowledge of various instrumentation; i.e. flow, temperature and level transmitters
- Ability to gain agreement and meet goals for improvement.
- Design and develop new systems for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Behave in a way that demonstrates support of Capstone’s Vision and Values: Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, Deliver Results and Work Responsibly.
- Responsible for but not limited to all tasks/duties assigned or required.
- Ability to speak, comprehend, read, and write English fluently.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Ability to stand and walk for short durations, including walking up and down stairs and across uneven surfaces.
- This role is generally 50% office environment and 50% field environment.
- Ability to kneel, crawl, stoop, and squat, occasionally in confined spaces.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Health, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance (effective on date of hire)
- 401(k) Savings and Employee Share Purchase Plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Pinto Valley Mining Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.