Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is an Australian ASX 100 gold producer with four Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star is the second largest Australian gold producer and among the top 25 gold miners globally. Northern Star continues to invest in building a strong asset base through strategic acquisitions and aggressive exploration to extend the mine lives across its world-class operations and generate earning accretive value for its Shareholders through operational effectiveness Northern Star (Pogo) LLC have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Conveyor Maintenance Mechanic at our world-class Pogo operation in Alaska on a rotational camp schedule.What do we offer?
What's the role?
- Vibrant hub of activity on site, with the ability to be part of successful and productive team
- Permanent position and extended mine-life offering job security.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances, 401k and paid leave.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
The Conveyor Maintenance Mechanic reports to the Millwright Supervisor and the primary role is to maintain, troubleshoot and repair fixed plant equipment such as SAG/Ball mills, conveyors, compressors, hydraulic systems, pressure filters, pumps, and piping systems.
What are we looking for?
- Undertake diagnostic, breakdowns, follow-up work, PM's to a high standard of execution, all work completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Manual cleaning of conveyor and associated equipment will be required. (Shoveling, hosing, operating bobcat, loader, fair amount of time will be spent underground.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, modifies, fabricates and repairs conveyors and associated equipment in the processing plant per supervisor direction Responsible for all tasks related to preventative maintenance program such as reporting fluid leaks, performing lube work, taking fluid samples, inspecting components and parts for proper operation, damage or wear.
- Responsible for gathering technical information to perform the job.
- Prepares computer generated work orders, changes out parts and follows procedures to pick up parts and supplies from the warehouse.
- Performs equipment walk around, inspects and operates equipment, properly disposes of wastes.
- Repair and replace components and parts as needed.
- Provide technical advice and support to fellow Mill Maintenance Team members and in downtime will assist in the plant maintenance functions.
You'll be a highly organised individual who will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development. The specifics:
- One Year of Industrial Mechanics Training Course or equivalent is required
- Should have critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Experience utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Ability to use hand and trade type tools.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision, ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to assume increasing levels of responsibility.
- Proven ability to read, comprehend, and apply information from technical manuals and other reference materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Driver's license is required. MSHA certificate preferred.
- Be able to pass a background check and post offer physical.
Working a 2 week on, 2 week off schedule of days, up to 12 hours a day or more at a remote campsite. Extreme conditions, including but not limited to extreme and changing weather conditions, dust, mud, varying levels of noise, varying degrees of light and dark, in and around artificial light and in a confined work area.
Employees are required to stay on site at the company provided camp during the work rotation. Camp facilities provide dining service, games room, exercise & weight room, sauna, and accommodation rooms. Dormitory rooms have a land line phone, great Wi-Fi & cable TV. Cell service is available through Wi-Fi. The Company provides a bus service to and from Fairbanks, Delta Junction and Tok, Alaska.
- A Covid Vaccine is required as a condition of employment for all employees hired on or after July 12, 2021.
Why join us?
- Either one round of Pfizer or Moderna, or the J&J COVID-19 Vaccine is required prior to beginning work for Northern Star (Pogo) LLC. If Pfizer or Moderna, the second vaccine shot will then be needed as scheduled to complete the requirement.
- Requests for exceptions to this requirement, for reasons such as a candidate's religious beliefs or disability status, will be considered on a case by case basis and determined by the general manager.
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans' Employment Commitment and recognize the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ or follow us on linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/ Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately. Candidates living in the Fairbanks North Star Borough, Delta and Tok regions will be given first consideration. Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.