Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.Job Overview
This position is responsible for leading the accounting, financial planning and reporting, and control function for our Komatsu East Distribution busines (formerly F&M or Midlantic Equipment). Acts as the business partner to the construction distribution leadership teams by proactively guiding the business on financial performance, implementing continuous improvement initiatives and communicating effectively across a dynamic organization. Key Job Responsibilities
- Drive and lead the accounting and finance function of Komatsu East including collections and payables.
- Develop and mentor the Komatsu East finance and accounting team. Ensure the team is effectively organized and managed by providing strategic direction, goals and objectives to further the development of the team.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly financial reporting package, executive summaries, Komatsu limited financial submissions and flash reports.
- Review customer contracts and proposals in collaboration with leadership team.
- Provide insightful and relevant analysis for the leadership team to continue to drive enhancements into the business. This includes the development of visual financial KPIs, explanations of key accounting methodologies and processes to the business and periodic presentations to employees on results.
- Oversee and drive the internal controls over financial reporting including both internal and external audit processes. Work with the Information Systems Department on systems processes and issues.
- Lead and partner with the business on the development of the annual business plan and quarterly outlook preparations. Conduct financial analysis at the highest level to interpret trends, variances from budgets and standards.
- Lead the creation of the Komatsu East capital expenditure plan
- Guide the team on continued ways to optimize inventory and improve our Return on Invested Capital.
- Collaborate with finance and accounting resources across the business to drive further enhancements and process improvements along with alignment and consistency.
- Performs ad hoc requests and analysis required to achieve company goals and increase overall company profitability.
Additional Information Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required; active CPA status preferred.
- 8-10+ years experience with 3+ years management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference is experience in a distribution, service, or manufacturing company.
- Demonstrated competency in financial planning and analysis, controllership, accounting, and financial consolidation.
- Strong use and ability to navigate financial systems, build financial reporting, and drive process efficiencies and improvements.
- Strong leadership ability to motivate employees in changing environments and strategic approaches.
- Strong communication skills to interact and engage with a wide range and level of stakeholders including external customers.
- Must possess a high level of organization and planning skills to achieve success in handling many priorities across a number of groups.
- Must possess well developed level of coaching, emotional intelligence, and interpersonal skills in order to effectively lead managers and indirect reports.
- Willingness to travel to branch locations. 25% commitment.
- May be required to complete MSHA certification.
- May be required to complete respirator certification.
Policies and Procedures
- See attached "Physical Requirements for Job" chart.
- Abide by all Company policies and procedures.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.