Flashbutt / AT Welder
Apply now Job ID:
572614 Job type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Perth, Pilbara, Pilbara region Categories:
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Infrastructure Projects, a division of Downer's Australian Operations Business, continues to secure new work and build on our reputation as a market leader in delivering some of Australia's major Transport Infrastructure projects.
We currently have multiple long-term maintenance contracts and large-scale construction projects across Western Australia, placing us in an enviable position moving into the future.
As a result of our success and growth we are now seeking experienced and enthusiastic Flashbutt / AT Welders
to join our progressive Infrastructure Projects.
Successful candidates will be required to:
- Prepare, plan, setup rail and welding process (machine / AT process)
- Operate Mobile Flash Butt Welder and/or perform Aluminothermic (AT) weld process
- Check conformance of welds
- Cut and grind rail
- Operate and maintain mobile plant, equipment and company vehicles safely
- Ensure that all technical, safety procedures and contract specific requirements are followed
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Perform general track maintenance as required
WHAT WE OFFER
- 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Nationally accredited Welding Qualification (TLIW3015 or TLIW3016)
- Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure (TL121315)
- Demonstrate capability in Flash-butt and/or AT welding in Rail Maintenance / Construction environment
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and effective communication skills
- HR Truck Licence
- HRWL and Plant Operator license (desirable)
- Experience within a Rio Tinto safe working and operating rules (desirable)
- Ongoing Rail Maintenance work.
- Diverse, energetic and supportive workplace culture, where you are treated as a highly valued team member where your thoughts, innovation and ideas really do count.
- Develop and diversify your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- Offering competitive benefits.
- We are operating across a number of different locations, so there are opportunities in both residential and FIFO roles across the state.
- Permanent Full-Time Contracts for added job security.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage women and men of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.HOW TO APPLY
To register your application, please use the link and apply online
, applications emailed directly to the recruitment team will not be considered.
If you require further information on this opportunity, please contact the recruitment team via email Julien.Etiennette@downergroup.com