Opportunities - Scheduler Supply Chain
About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Join an encouraging leadership group, committed to your growth and development
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Excellent lifestyle rosters on offer - 3 days, 3 nights, 6 off roster and 6 days, 6 off (roster dependent on role/team requirement)
- Perth based working from our State of the Art Operations Centre (Near Perth Domestic Airport)
We are looking for motivated, safety conscious Schedulers
to play a crucial part in ensuring that the Integrated Operations Scheduling team optimises our network of mining, and logistics operations to maximise value generated by the Pilbara supply chain; all while maintaining the delicate balance of quality, cost, customer and joint venture requirements.
Roles within the Supply Chain Scheduling (SCS) team requires a broader view of operations from Mine to Port but focussing on real time execution of the schedule (0-48hrs). As a member of the SCS team you'll be in the thick of the action, rapidly making decisions to ensure that the value extracted from the systems is maximised right now.
This role is a great opportunity to demonstrate your ability to engage, connect and positively influence at all organizational levels, which will play a critical part to the effectiveness in this role.
Reporting to the Superintendent Supply Chain Execution and working in a challenging and exciting environment within the Integrated Operations Scheduling team you will be:
What you'll bring
- Interface with operational leaders across the entire value chain to understand real time constraint, risks, and opportunities;
- Refine and optimise the way we fleet our trains, manage our port infrastructure, and load our ships to extract the most from the supply chain;
- Influence, in real time, performance of a supply chain capable of shipping the same volume of cargo as the Panama Canal;
- Lead the continuous improvement of supply chain projects and programs of work;
- Demonstrate core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity and Excellence.
What we offer
- Current experience in Mine, Port, Rail, Maintenance or Marine value chain nodes;
- Current experience in supply chain scheduling systems with a preference to mining although not essential;
- Current holder of a tertiary recognised STEM qualification;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and SQL/Oracle development preferable;
- Previous experience working with the Microsoft Power Platform Power BI, Power Automate.
About Rio Tinto
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.Where you'll be working
Our integrated iron ore network is supported by our Operations Centre (OC) in Perth, a state-of-the-art facility that enables all the autonomous trucks, trains and drills at our mines, ports and rail systems to be operated from a single location. The Centre incorporates visualisation and collaboration tools to provide real-time information across our demand chain and allows us to optimise our mining, maintenance and logistic activities across the Pilbara in a way never before possible. Located near the Perth domestic airport, the OC operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to coordinate our integrated network of mines, rail, and ports from 1,500km away.Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.Applications close on 13th October 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)