Gold Fields- St Ives is currently seeking a Technician: Electrical Auto to join their Open Pits Maintenance department.
Reporting to the Superintendent: Mechanical (Mobile), you will be responsible for providing quality and timely preventative mechanical maintenance and repairs of the processing facilities and other areas of the operations.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields, and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This role is offered on a 4 days on, 4 nights on, 6 days off roster, and would require the incumbent to be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie. Bus transportation is offered to and from site daily, and relocation assistance will be offered to the successful candidate if required. About the Role:
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GFA and ensures that the Vital Behaviours are adhered to at all times
- Ensure the achievement of budgeted maintenance targets by practising preventative maintenance through scheduled inspections, servicing, adjustments, troubleshooting and timely repair of plant equipment
- Support the efficient operation of the production facilities by providing reliable and accurate maintenance knowledge, expertise and practical application, to minimise down time and subsequent loss of production
- Maintain a working knowledge of all task instructions and procedures and ensure that these are consistently adhered to when carrying out maintenance tasks
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping throughout the maintenance workshops and wherever maintenance work is carried out, to contribute towards a safe work environment, efficient operation of the facilities and to reduce the risk of incidents or injury and the existence of potential hazards
- Complete all administrative processing requirements associated with maintenance duties, such as requisitioning of parts and materials, processing of maintenance orders, recording of labour time, etc. through the efficient utilisation of SAP/AMT and other relevant information management systems
Interested parties should submit a detailed curriculum vitae to:
- Recognised Auto Electrical Trade Qualification
- Certificate II in Automotive Mechanical (Air conditioning)
- Experience with Caterpillar, Komatsu, Sandvik Drills, Volvo and Tatra Mining equipment advantageous
- Crane, Dogging, EWP and Forklift Tickets would be highly regarded
- Previous operating experience in a mining environment, preferably Gold;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment. We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.