Job Title: Training Clerk
Location: Tumbler Ridge, BC
Schedule/ Terms of Employment: This is a full time (40 hours/week), permanent positionPrimary Purpose
The Training Clerk will provide administrative support to the training department at the Wolverine Mine.Company Information
Conuma Resources is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. Products from our three mine operations in Northeastern BC, Brule, Willow Creek and Wolverine, leave us well-positioned to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Twice winner of the Edward Prior Mine Safety Award for the lowest injury frequency rate in British Columbia, Conuma Resources continues to lead the industry with multi-million-dollar investments in the latest collision avoidance and fatigue monitoring safety technologies for the protection of our employees.
Conuma Resources is much more than metallurgical coal. Conuma Resources and its employees are embedded in our communities. The company's Pay It Forward program began in 2017 and since then has raised over $425,000 in support of "Our Kids" at a Bolivian Orphanage and the Vancouver Children's Foundation. Locally, Conuma Resources employee winter hockey matches ensure much-needed donations to the Food Bank, while in the summer, our employees get together to assist the local high school teams as they prepare their go-karts for the Conuma Resources Challenge.
Our local communities in Northeastern British Columbia are amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada's biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle, and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock-climbing opportunities. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with affordable costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Maintain all files relevant to the training department
- Provide administrative support to the training department
- Conduct new hire orientations
- Data entry
Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma
- ABT or equivalent
- 2+ years of administrative/clerical experience
- Experience in a mining environment would be an asset
Work Location / Travel
- Proficient in MS Office programs; Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Organized and has attention to detail
- Able to maintain confidentiality
Wage and Benefits
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge, BC
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available. (Conuma Coal believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place).
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare. Conuma Coal Resources is an equal opportunity employer