You are an experienced Heavy Equipment Mechanic who takes pride providing safe and cost-effective maintenance on heavy mobile mining equipment. You are a driven individual, who continuously looks for opportunities to learn and grow.
We are looking for people to join our safety culture and grow their career with us. We are offering an hourly wage between $35-$40 depending on experience.
Develop your mining experience with Ledcor in Eureka, NV, United States!
With our vast long-term projects in multiple locations across Nevada and into California, we are continuously growing. Learn more about Ledcor here.
Hear more from our Mining team here.
- Safe & cost-effective maintenance of heavy mobile equipment
- Provide support to PM Mechanics and Maintenance technicians
- Perform diagnostics and repairs on Cat, Komatsu & Hitachi Equipment
- Conducts pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily field level hazard assessments for all activities
- Complete maintenance reporting and other documentation as required
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members
- Be a leader of both safety and production for the team by ensuring compliance with all company, client, and legislated safety policies and procedures
- Minimum two years of experience as a heavy mobile equipment mechanic on surface mine site
- Experience with Cat, Komatsu & Hitachi equipment is required
- Must have computer skills to access equipment faults
- Ability to troubleshoot engine, transmission & hydraulic issues
- Ability to communicate equipment problems to supervisors
- Current MSHA p.48 metal/nonmetal certification is preferred
- Valid photo identification
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug, alcohol, and physical capability testing
- Must be able to arrange own accommodations, various options available in Eureka, Ely, or nearby RV parks.
- Rotation of 5/4, 12-hour day shifts; night shifts are required
- Ability to work overtime if required
- Offered hourly wage between $35-$40 depending on experience
- Employee benefits package and 401k plan participation offered after 60 days of continuous employment
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast—as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.