Reporting to the Coordinator: Mobile Plant, you will be responsible for contributing to the overall effectiveness of the company by completing Mechanical/Fabricating related tasks on Surface Mobile Plant and equipment as used in our Open Pit mining operations.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields, and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This is offered on 5 days on, 2 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off roster and would require the incumbent to be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie. Benefits include:
Gold Fields has a vast array of benefits including:
Duties of the role:
- Live locally in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Continual training and the ability to expand your career
- Salary Sacrifice options
- Manage and maintain the Surface Mobile Equipment and plant to a high operating standard, minimising downtime and impact to the business
- Manage and maintain all and wear protection to a high operating standard
- Manage and coordinate third party and contract labour requirements for peak labour and scheduled works on front line loading equipment
- Assist with other mechanical tasks within the scope of crew duties as directed by the Supervisors, limited to your competency and technically capability
- Develop new and upcoming personnel under your control, who are participating in the site apprenticeship and training programs
- Update/enter data into the site nominated computer maintenance systems (SAP/AMT)
You will have:
Applications can be submitted via :
- Certificate of Secondary Education (Year 10)
- Trade Certificate, - Fabrication /Boilermaking or Welding
- Valid driver's license is essential
- High-Risk licences - Desirable (i.e. EWP, CN Crane, Rigging, Dogging)
- 5 Years post trade experience in a mining environment with SME
https://careers.goldfields.com.au We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal, and Torres Strait Islanders and candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds .