Gold Fields Australia is currently seeking a Technician: Electrical Auto to join the Engineering Department at St Ives Gold Mine in the Light Vehicle Department.
Reporting to the Supervisor: Light Vehicle, you will be operating out of a well-equipped and supported workshop as part of a small and cohesive team. You will be responsible for providing high quality maintenance and auto-electrical services on a large fleet of mining light vehicles, mostly Toyota's and some small Isuzu Trucks.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields, and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This role is offered on 5 days on 2 days off, 4 days on 3 days off roster and would require the incumbent to be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie. Benefits include:
About the role:
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Continual training and ability to expand your career
- Ensure the achievement of budgeted maintenance targets by practicing preventative maintenance through scheduled inspections, servicing, adjustments, troubleshooting and timely repair of light vehicles
- Support the efficient operation of the light vehicle maintenance facilities by providing reliable and accurate maintenance knowledge, expertise and practical application, to minimise down time and subsequent loss of production
- Maintain a working knowledge of all task instructions and procedures and ensure that these are consistently adhered to when carrying out light vehicle maintenance tasks
- Maximise return on assets through effective utilisation and care of light vehicle maintenance equipment and tools, with due consideration of safety and environmental issues
- Complete all administrative processing requirements associated with maintenance duties, such as requisitioning of parts and materials, processing of maintenance orders, recording of labour time, etc. through SAP and other relevant information management systems
- Recognised Auto Electrical Trade Qualification & Certificate II in Automotive Mechanical (Air conditioning)
- Extensive knowledge of light vehicle technologies and equipment
- Experience in light vehicle maintenance in Surface/Underground Mining environment
Interested parties should submit their Curriculum Vitae to
- Sound diagnostic experience in Toyota vehicles
- MR Truck Licence, Dogging, First Aid and Forklift Tickets would be highly regarded
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment. We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.