The Nuna Group of Companies
is now accepting resumes for Equipment Operator - Surface Drill
for work at our client site in the Northwest Territories.
Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks, and mine construction contractor in Canada.
Nuna is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for Cultural Diversity and for Community & Environment; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective, and innovative operator in the north.Position Overview
The Equipment Operator - Surface Drill is responsible for the safe, efficient, and productive operation of drilling equipment in a complex surface mining environment.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely operate Sandvik D90 and D75 Rotary Blast hole drills, and Epiroc DM 45e DTH hammer drills to meet daily plan and production targets;
- Ensure that blast holes are drilled accurately according to the blast design;
- Effective communication using a 2-way radio system;
- Operate drills within OEM specifications and recommendations;
- Assist blast crew when required and carry out any other tasks as directed by the Team Leader;
- Maintain equipment integrity and complete job hazard analysis reports and equipment log books;
- Follow all site, company and client specific safety protocols, policies, and procedures.
Shift / Rotation
- Class 1, 3, or 5 Drivers License
- Minimum 5 years' experience operating a variety of heavy equipment, specifically Sandvik D90 and D75 Rotary Blast hole drills, and Epiroc DM 45e DTH hammer drills in the mining industry or similar setting
- Experience with Sandvik DX 800 drill rigs is considered an asset
: Rotations are 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off, Dayshift and NightshiftRate:
Competitive hourly rate with overtime, comprehensive benefits, company
rewards program. Flights are also provided!
Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.Candidates will have to be Covid Vaccinated and be able to clear pre-access requirements such as criminal backcheck, D&A, Medical, and Covid-19 testing.
Candidates can also apply via email: email@example.com
or by fax: 780-434-7758
Nuna is committed to the principle of employment equity.
We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Impact Benefit Agreement Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume, to receive priority consideration.