We require Journeymen Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic(s)
to join our team to work at our project located in Northern Ontario (Timmins / Gogama region)
Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks and mine construction contractor in Canada. We offer:
- Competitive hourly rate with paid overtime at (1.5x), 12-hour days.
- 2w on x 2w off
- Full benefits,
- Safety bonuses
- Rotation incentives
- Travel and accommodations provided.
- Long term opportunity available
Qualifications /Preferred Education and Experience:
- Assist with the maintenance, repair and service of large off-road industrial equipment ( haul trucks, dozers loaders, excavators, packers, etc.)
- Assist with the maintenance, repair and service of smaller equipment when required - vehicles, generators, etc.
- Ability to take apart and put together heavy equipment after being shipped to site.
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions and determine extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Service attachments and working tools
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development Diploma (GED)
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Off Road) Trade Certification and/or Journeyman Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Red Seal)
- Valid Driver's License
- 2 years previous experience working on larger industrial heavy equipment used in the mining and earthworks industry.
- Good communication skill
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups
- Computer skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office/SAP/ JD Edwards
- Previous experience working in Northern Canada.
Interested app licants are asked to apply online at http://nunalogistics.com/jobs.html
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all who apply, but only those sel ected for interviews will be contacted.