Plan, direct and manage the work of the Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance staff in maintaining a wide variety of electrical, controls, motors and instrumentation equipment throughout the Mining and Milling operations and support facilities. Effectively maintain the plant electrical systems to consistently support budgeted production goals and operations. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Provide safety leadership and responsibility in the Electrical Department at Mission Complex.
- Know, understand and enforce all applicable local, state and federal health and safety regulations.
- Help insure environmental compliance Mission Complex.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair all electrical systems for Mission, which includes incoming power distribution to the mills and mine operations requirements.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electric shovels for mine operations.
- Also responsible for powerline construction and maintenance.
- Help prioritize and optimize electrical/process control/communication work at Mission
- Order parts, material and equipment to insure continuous operation
- Help meet and maintain copper concentrate production targets at Mission.
- Help meet and maintain operating costs for the Mills and the Mine
- Develop and implement an effective Preventative Maintenance Program
- Responsible for providing quality work, which includes internal and external customer satisfaction, quality processes/procedures, quality equipment/tools and quality people.
- Direct and support the activities of direct reports.
- Develop/train/educate employees for future growth and promotion.
- Work in partnership with the North & South Mill Departments, the Mine, and all other Mission Departments to optimize safety, environmental compliance, production, costs, and quality.
- Work in partnership with the Union to insure effective and efficient plant operation.
- Effectively administer Department and Company policies and procedures.
- Help develop and implement capital and operating projects to improve Mission Complex performance.
- Fill in for the Maintenance Manager in his absence and electrical department supervision.
- Work closely with outside contractors during planned work outages
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have excellent technical knowledge of electrical and process control systems, including a thorough knowledge of electrical theory with experience in both AC and DC circuitry and motors, the ability to read and understand electrical schematic, logic and connection drawings, PLC experience, knowledge in medium and low voltage environments, experience in motor switchgear, control and solid state drives.
- Must demonstrate the highest commitment to health and safety.
- Must demonstrate the highest commitment to environmental compliance.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with employees, other supervisors and managers.
- Must have valid driver's license
- Requires eight (8) years of electrical Mine Site experience.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Must have at least 5 years supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field preferred. Extensive plant and supervisory experience (more than 10 years) may be substituted.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen. ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match.