Supervision of mining and haulage crews in open pit mining environment. Role will require that supervisor spend equal amounts of time in the field managing the open pit operations as well administering the Dispatch fleet management system (FMS) system. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Achieve forecasted tonnage and copper grade on a daily month basis.
- Provide the knowledge for subordinates to obtain necessary training to improve and develop new skills.
- Ensure required production goals are achieved at the lowest possible cost without sacrificing safety or environmental concerns.
- Ensure that all mine equipment is operated in the most productive and cost effective manner, without sacrificing the safety and health of employees.
- Communicate goals and key performance indicators to employees and monitor their development in accomplishing these goals.
- Administer overtime and absenteeism in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and/or policies.
- Administer work procedures, department policies, and CBA language.
- Interact with workforce and human resources, safety, environmental, purchasing, accounting, etc. to ensure compliance with established company policies.
- Input work orders into SAP for loading and mobile equipment deficiencies or repairs.
- Administer and interface with the Modular Dispatch 6 fleet management system (FMS) and Provision 3 system regularly and as assigned during your scheduled shifts.
- Monitor and interact with the pit slope stability monitoring system to ensure the safety of the workforce, equipment, and to ensure the safe extraction of material from the ore body.
- Perform engineering studies and field projects.
- Complete project works as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with skills in Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent planning, problem solving, decision making, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work well as a team member and demonstrate safety leadership required.
- Applicant must have good communications skills (oral and written).
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Applicant must be able to function in a fast paced and elevated stress environment.
- Knowledge of SAP/Kronos software is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write and populate routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret topographical maps, implement and follow mining plans, and schedules produced by technical services group.
- This position will require that the individual be able to work in a 12 hour rotating shift work environment, and will require the supervisor arrive at least one hour prior to the start of their shift to conduct turnover with the on shift supervisors and/or management.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
- BS in Mining Engineering or similar degree desired with 2 to 3 years of mining experience.
- The job requires training or instruction of Environmental Awareness.
- This job requires training or instruction of Safety & Health Awareness including completion of the appropriate MSHA training.
- Required participation in the ASARCO Total Safety Culture Program.
- Able to obtain ATF clearance.
- Ability to walk over rough terrain on a regular basis, climb hills, climb stairs, ladders and other vehicle access methods on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment of extreme temperature and weather changes during the year.
- Ability to don and use personal protective equipment.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match.