Qualifications and Experience:
- Scaling and doing pre-operation inspection of work site;
- Filling 5 point card and maintain accurate operating records, including daily work reports;
- Build general mine infrastructure (refuges, ESS, storages, mags, ventilation door, shops etc…).
- Build pumping installation (dams, stationary pumping stations, weirs etc…).
- Concrete work (forming, pouring, leveling, and finishing of concrete pours)
- Apply shotcrete (dry).
- Inspect work during and after completion and ensure result is following prints and standards.
- Contribute to and establish effective workplace relationships.
- Provide workplace status update to relevant people at the end of shift (supervisor and coworkers)
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less experienced crew members
- Support construction supervisor by doing site inspections, QA/QC, establish methodology in construction context etc…
- All other tasks as directed by supervisor
- A minimum of 5 years construction experience in mining operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work independently.
- Strong experience in construction/carpentry, concrete, welding work.
- Ability to read and understand engineering prints (civil work, structural work, rock excavation work)
- Exhibit high attention to detail and high standards
- Strong work ethic and a resourceful approach to challenges
- Good communication skills, coupled with strong leadership abilities; and
- Qualified as train the trainer would be an asset.
Schedule: 10h shifts, following a 4/3 schedule day shift only