Supervisor Fixed Plant - Marandoo
About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Challenging and rewarding role
- FIFO from Perth or Geraldton - 7 days 7 night 7 off roster
- Fantastic amenities and facilities on site
We are looking for a Supervisor Fixed Plant
to really make an impact by demonstrating strong visual leadership whilst coaching and mentoring their diverse team.
Reporting to the Superintendent Fixed Plant, you will be:
- Supervising the Fixed Plant team including operators, mech maintainers, electricians
- Coaching team on safe work practises, enforcing HSEQ policies and standards
- Coordinating weekly scheduled and breakdown work as required
- Prioritising and managing unscheduled events whilst maximising plant production
- Actively promote cost saving initiatives to benefit safety, production and costs
- Ensuring your team is competent in all aspects of their role and all Rio Tinto Health and Safety standards and policies
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
What we offer
- Advanced communication, influencing and engagement skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage change;
- Proven Leadership experience.
- A WA Current C Class Drivers License
- Strong experience in a Fixed Plant processing
- Intermediate SAP experience
About Rio Tinto
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority;
- A fixed term position working directly for Rio Tinto;
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program;
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family;
- Attractive share ownership plan;
- Company provided insurance cover;
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options;
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions;
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support;
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave);
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more);
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Where you'll be working
The Marandoo mine is located at the foot of Mount Bruce adjacent to the Karijini National Park, 50 km east of the town of Tom Price.
Marandoo is known for its picturesque hills and mountain ranges. Our operation currently employs a fly in fly out workforce. Every Voice MattersAt Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.Applications close on Wednesday 27th October 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date).This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.