All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- FIFO from your home town in Broome
- Great opportunity to join a dynamic Drill & Blast team with supportive leadership
- Lifestyle friendly rosters (e.g. 8 days, 6 off)
- Competitive salary package with performance bonus
We are looking for Drill and Blast Operators
who are currently living in Broome to join our Drill and Blast teams across various sites in the Pilbara. These roles are a great opportunity for motivated and team driven individuals.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family, flying directly from your home town in Albany without the worry of extended travel. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.About the role
Reporting to the Drill and Blast Supervisor, you will be:
What you'll bring
- Operating MPU both ANFO and Pumpable products
- Operating Pit Viper / DML and D65 Drill rigs
- Operating the Stemming Truck
- Using electronic detonators as well as firing units
- Stock Take Magazines
- Inspecting equipment to ensure the correct working order and safety requirements
- Ensuring all Rio Tinto Health and Safety Standards, policies and procedures are being adhered to
What we offer
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- A manual C class driver's license
- A Dangerous goods license
- A shot firer's license is preferred
- MPU, small loader and drilling experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work as a collaborative team member
- Ability to work effectively and safely under minimal supervision
- Be recognised for your contribution, you're thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress.
Where you'll be working
- Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, we own an integrated portfolio of iron ore assets: a world-class, integrated network of 16 mines, four independent port terminals, a 1,700 kilometre rail network and related infrastructure all designed to respond rapidly to changes in demand. We are one of the world's leading producers and exporters of iron ore.About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress. Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Where you'll be workingEvery Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
All progress begins with pioneers at Rio Tinto it begins with you. Interviews will be held in Broome on the week commencing 15/11/2021
This role is for applicants residing in the Kimberly region of Western Australia.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process.