SUPERINTENDENT PROCESS CONTROL CARBON
About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Join an encouraging leadership group, committed to your growth and development
- Work within a supportive culture with forward-thinking professionals
- Residential role, attractive coastal lifestyle Gladstone, QLD
We are looking for a Superintendent Process Control
to lead our technical team across the Carbon plant at Boyne Smelters Limited (BSL
).This role will ensure the Fixed Plant Control Systems and Processes are maintained and continually developed to improve the operation and reliability of the processing facilities in a safe, environmental sensitive and cost-effective way.
Leading on the frontline is one of the most important jobs in our business and comes with a huge amount of responsibility. We need you to motivate, inspire and keep your people safe and well. With signature leadership training programmes, growing and developing is more than an opportunity it is something we actively plan and make happen. Every day our leaders grow, while our rosters are designed to help you live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family.
Reporting to the Technical Manager and working in a new collaborative and specialist leadership team, you will be:
What you will bring
- Optimising plant performance by leading continual improvement projects
- Driving technical excellence by mentoring and identifying development opportunities for team members
- Establishing key routines and systems to enable continuous stable operation
- Ensuring team objectives / work schedules are maintained in line with production expectations
- Achieving safety, environmental, and cost objectives
- Designing and formulating technical solutions to proactively resolve potential problems to ensure a Zero Harm environment
- Working closely with technical and operations stakeholders both on site and within the wider business
- Tertiary qualification in Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree
- Strong stakeholders management and negotiation skills
- Proven problem solving skills and the ability to provide innovative solutions
- Advanced proficiency in SAP and Microsoft office skills
- A visual leadership style of guiding, mentoring, developing and empowering team members
- An unwavering commitment to improve and maintain health and safety standards
- Demonstrate extensive experience in process management
- A proven track record of engaging a wide range of people in a site environment to deliver an outcome
It will also beneficial if you have a process engineering background within the aluminium smelting environment and an in depth technical knowledge of the Carbon Plant Processes.What we offer
About Rio Tinto
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP)
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.Where you will be working
Opened in 1982, Boyne Smelters Limited is Australia's second largest aluminium smelter with a 1,000-person strong workforce. Located approximately 20 kilometres south east of Gladstone at Boyne Island on the Central Queensland coast, BSL produces around 500,000 tonnes of aluminium per annum.
Activities at BSL include manufacturing carbon anodes in the carbon plant, aluminium production (smelting) in reduction lines, and casting of molten material into aluminium products ready to ship. The smelter is connected via a conveyor belt to the Queensland Alumina Limited refinery for the supply of alumina.
Along with Yarwun Operations and Queensland Alumina Limited, BSL supports the local community in a wide range of initiatives through Here for GladstoneEvery Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.