Senior Production Engineer Gudai-Darri
About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Work for a collaborative and open-minded leader who encourages and supports career growth and development
- Join a progressive mine production team where you are valued for your contribution
- Opportunity to work at a new mine site with brand new fleet and the latest technology
- Help drive innovation into the mine production environment
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Production Engineer
to join our mining operations team at Gudai-Darri
. With cutting edge technology at your fingertips and support of the brightest minds in the industry you will guide and mentor a small technical team in order to ensure the safe development and delivery of mine productivity and innovation at our Gudai-Darri site.
As an integral part of the operational leadership team, this role will allow you to expand your knowledge of all functions within an operational mining environment and gain invaluable experience to continue growing your career. This position is for someone who is willing to think outside of the box, challenge the status quo and drive innovation.
Reporting to the Manager Mining and MEM, you will:
What you'll bring
- Work closely with the operations team to safely drive productivity with a specific focus on the autonomous haulage system
- Collaborate with internal partners across mine technical services, fixed plant and mobile equipment maintenance in order to achieve the mine plan
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to the mine planning engineers and operations teams to ensure optimisation of the mine plans
- Utilise accurate data analysis to drive efficiencies
- Oversee the engagement and performance of external contractors and suppliers
- Promote a culture of safety and provide input into critical risk management and incident investigation processes
You will have tertiary qualifications in mining engineering and/ or demonstrated experience in mine production, mine operations or technical mining engineering roles within a large open pit mining environment. You will be someone who thrives on a challenge, can think outside of the box and has a good understanding of the fundamental concepts that underpin value in the mining industry. Your exceptional relationship building skills coupled with your ability to engage and collaborate effectively with a diverse range of business partners will also ensure your success in this role.
A manual 'C' class driver's licence will be required and a WA Unrestricted Quarry Manager's Certificate or the ability to obtain one will be well regarded. Prior experience with autonomous haulage systems will also be advantageous.Where you will be workingThis position is based at our Gudai-Darri operation.
Located 160km North-West of Newman, our Gudai-Darri Operation has a dedicated airport, state-of-the-art camp facilities and family friendly rosters making it an exciting and pleasant place to work.
For nearly 150 years, we have been producing materials essential to human progress minerals and metals that are still part of everyday life, including the iron ore that shapes the skylines of cities around the world. Next comes Gudai-Darri, a place that brings together everything we have learned to create a technically advanced iron ore mine a new mine for a new way of working.
This is your opportunity to be at the pioneering edge of mining. At Gudai-Darri your voice matters. We are building a new generation mine with a family of talented people at its heart.What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress.
About Rio Tinto
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A supportive and inclusive community environment
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive salary package reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive employee share scheme, extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options, and exclusive employee discount schemes
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress. Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.Applications close on Thursday 28th October (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date).